StartUP FIU Food’s Incubator Program is a cooperative effort with Citi Community Development and the Chaplin School of Hospitality and Tourism Management to leverage a state of the art commercial kitchen located at the FIU Biscayne Bay Campus. Applications are reviewed annually for the Spring Cohort.
Who can apply:
StartUP FIU Food is designed for food entrepreneurs from low to middle-income communities with a potential for growth. Applicants must demonstrate a commitment to developing their business and creating jobs within their community.
- Must be an owner or co-owner of a business
- Business must have been operating for at least one year
- Business must not exceed $150,000 in revenues within the most recent fiscal year
March 2020 Cohort
1. Applications are accepted beginning November 1, 2019
2. If selected for an interview, please be prepared to submit the following:
- Fully developed product
- Legal entity certification
- Business Plan
- Tax Returns
- Full year or YTD income/profit & loss statements
- Industry specific workshops and modules
- FIU Student led labs
- Marketing – consulting on social media, web design, logo and packaging.
- Finance – consulting on Quickbooks and basic book keepings.
- Product Development – consulting on product cost, packaging and recipe development.
- Access to food industry networking and showcasing events