StartUP FIU Food’ s incubator program is designed for food entrepreneurs from low to middle-income communities looking to have their packaged products placed on stores shelves. Applicants must demonstrate a commitment to developing their business and creating jobs within their community.
Who can apply:
StartUP FIU Food is designed for food entrepreneurs from low to middle-income communities with a potential for growth. Applicants must demonstrate a commitment to developing their business and creating jobs within their community.
- Must be an owner or co-owner of a business
- Business must have been operating for at least two years
- Business must not exceed $150,000 in revenues within the most recent fiscal year
Spring 2020 Cohort
1. Applications are accepted beginning November 20, 2019
2. If selected for an interview, please be prepared to submit the following:
- Fully developed packaged food or beverage product*
- Legal entity certification
- Business Plan
- Two years of business tax returns
- Two YTD income/profit & loss statements
*Perference to beverage companies.
- Industry specific courses:
- Food Technology
- Industry focused workshops
- Business development bootcamps
- Speaker Series
- Group mentor sessions
- 1-on-1 mentor session
- Quarterly check-in sessions